The site is owned by Cupid Media, a Sydney-based dating company that operates dating sites in over 30 countries. JapanCupid is perfect for both locals and foreigners.
- It has tens of thousands of both local Japanese and western singles to choose from.
- The site offers three packages, one free, and two premium subscriptions to choose from.
- It also gives you access to genuine user-profiles and photos of interesting singles.
- The site is perfectly suited for Japanese locals wishing to meet international love interests. It is also ideal for people on a short term visit to Japan.
How Does It Work
JapanCupid works in three simple steps. First, open up an account and register your profile. Upload as many photos as you can. Profiles with many genuine photos are more likely to get matched. click to read Secondly, start browsing photos from other users.
Be sure to also try out the search feature on the website. It helps you single out potential matches based on specific attributes. Find someone you like and send them an “Interest”. If they like you back, then you can start talking through messages
Signing up for JapanCupid is free. Users sign up with a Facebook account in less than 2 minutes. The dating app offers three packages including Standard, Gold, and Platinum. The Standard package is free. It lets you browse through available singles and send them an interest. However, you can only communicate with them if they are paying members.
The only downside with JapanCupid is the fact that it doesn’t have an iOS app. But you can get the Android version here or use the web version.
Let’s say you are looking for a dating app that works. But, you don’t want to pay any monthly fees. Well, look no further because OkCupid is here for you. It is the only dating app in Japan that does not require a paid subscription to send messages. This is not to say the app is free. Two premium subscriptions allow you to unlock more features.
- The App is available in several global languages, including English and Japanese
- Mostly used by singles between the ages of 20 and 30s. This makes it a good bet to meet singles for long term relationships
- You don’t need a paid subscription to create an account, view or browse photos, and send or receive messages.
- The app has all sexual orientations and genders to choose from too.
How Does it Work
Get signed up first. OkCupid will ask up to 15 questions when you create your account. These questions are designed to help you attract similar or better matches through OkCupid’s special algorithm. After that, you can start browsing through the list of singles on the platform.
Hit Like if you see anyone interesting. If you are feeling lucky, send them a message. Now, here things get interesting. You see a potential match will only see your message if they’ve liked you too. In that case, you may want to hold back sending messages until there is a Like from him or her.
Sign Up and Payment Plans
You can get the OkCupid iOS app on this link. The App is also available for Android users here. Check out the web version here as well if you are not in a position to use iOS or Android.
Tinder is an international dating app very popular in Japan. The app often gets a bad rep as the “hookup” app. Don’t get me wrong. It’s possible to use Tinder for casual encounters. But it’s also a nice dating app to meet new friends and build long term relationships.